Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sleep-Deprived Research

If I were working for Sleepy's public relations firm, I would have not published the research. Only because, the differences in sleep patterns between occupations was so minimal I don't see what the point was. Yes, it does draw attention to their company and make people think about their own sleep patterns, but I think they could have found a better study to use to promote their company.

My thoughts on the New York Times use of the research is the same as Sleepy's. What was the point of publishing such research, when the differences in time between occupational sleep patterns was mere minutes. Also, who knows how accurate the research is seeing as the sampling pretty much guessed at how many hours of sleep they received. The Gray Lady should have done a better job with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment