Saturday, September 5, 2015

Occupy: SI, Changing Public Opinion: Not Exactly

Personally I feel the Occupy Wall Street movement had good merit, and good intentions in terms of what they ultimately wanted to accomplish in bringing awareness to the corrupt running of the economy. With that said, they did not have a clear focus or message. Also, there was not an official leader, or someone to be the face of the movement. OWS should have picked one issue, and made that its primary goal.

If I was in charge of the Occupy Wall Street movement's public relations, I would have recognized the negative attitude the people and business's we were affecting had by our physical presence around them. I would have tried to figure out a way for us to demonstrate and be heard, but also not be an inconvenience to the neighbors and everyday people who's space we were taking up. I also would not be issuing multiple press releases about multiple issues. I would have made sure that our leadership knew we needed to focus on a singular issue that was easy to understand, and easy to gain support for.

No comments:

Post a Comment