Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Publicity Tie Too Far

Personally, I thought it was quite humorous that Backcheck issued an advertising press release, but that still does not mean that it was right. Yes, it was funny. No, it was not tasteful. The overall offensive part of their statement was how they were using someones death as a platform to promote their products. It is amazing how in a company with so many employees, nobody thought that this would be a bad idea.

I would say that Fleishman-Hillard did as good of a job as they could considering the foolishness their client unleashed. President John Blyth apologized and reiterated that his agency does good work, and that a mistake like this would not happen again. I am not sure what else he could have done to have made this better. I know though, that I would not have let Backcheck CEO Dave Dinesen make the statement that he did, which simply showed his ignorance and naivety to the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment