Monday, November 16, 2015

Kobe's Nimble Public Relations Once Again Saves the Day

Personally, I think that Kobe handled it really well. I know he did not mean any hate or bigotry in the things he said, but was just frustrated with the game and those were the words that happen to come to his mind in that moment. If he had used any other slur words, depending upon their severity, nobody would have cared. For him to immediately come out and clarify what he meant and express his support of the groups that were against him, I think that was the best thing he could do. If I was a sponsor of the Lakers or Kobe, I would have accepted his apology, and moved on from it.

If I was an advisor to Kobe, I would have advised him that it was okay for him to appeal the fine, but not to fight back too much. The more this stayed relevant, and the more it was talked about, the less likely it would quickly go away. He is very lucky that it could have been a lot worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment